Citizens Online Reporting FAQ

Services - Citizens Online Reporting

Citizens Online Reporting FAQ

Is online reporting right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If it's a non-emergency call (705) 725-7025.

What if this happened in another City? Can I file a report using this system?

No, If the incident took place outside of the City of Barrie please call the police service for that City or Region.

 What if this happened on a Provincial Highway?

 If this took place on a Provincial Highway, such as Highway 400 or Highway 11, please call the Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P)

 What is a known suspect?

 A known suspect is when you or someone else knows (physically witnessed) the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect was in.

 What if I think someone committed the crime?

 This is not defined as a known suspect, please list this person's name in your narrative description.

Can I report damage caused by a motor vehicle accident?                                                       

No. Motor vehicle collisions can be reported to the Collision Reporting Centre located at the Barrie Police Service Headquaters.

 Can I contact someone for online reporting?

 If you have any questions or concerns with the online reporting, please call (705) 725-7025.